Prospective parents from UNO or Embassies should consult with their organisation to obtain information regarding special arrangements for fee payments.
Items covered by the Tuition Fees
DISV charges tuition fees annually which cover the direct educational costs of:
- Classroom instruction, supervision, in-school workshops.
- Assessment costs (IB Diploma examinations, IB MYP moderation, CATs and ISA assessments.
- Exercise books, the loan of textbooks, supplies, educational materials and documentation, subscriptions, educational memberships, the yearbook, school photos and one PE kit (shorts/shirts) for every new student.
- Whole grade overnight field trips (Grade 2 to Grade 12), single event/day field trips, additional activities (i.e. swimming, ice-skating), and after school activities.
DISV only charges supplementary fees for the following items
- New to English Lessons (per semester) - €795.
- Additional overnight/multi-day field trips (e.g. Model United Nations, Grade 11 Geography, Grade 11 Biology, Waluka Primary School, sports tournaments) – on a trip by trip basis.
Students may wish to study a Language A other than those offered by the school. The school will support the student through the purchase of materials and textbooks and provide space and equipment as necessary. We will also help students find a private tutor; but families will pay for these lessons directly to the private tutor.
Students may wish to study a musical instrument. The school will support the student by finding appropriate space and equipment, where possible. We will also help students find a private tutor but families will pay for these lessons directly to the private tutor.
School Lunch 2018-2019
Students may either bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch at our cafeteria. Park Club Wien runs the cafeteria and payment must be made to the business office who collect payment on behalf of Park Club Wien.
- Secondary students – Annual Cost €1180
- Elementary students (Grades 1 to 5) – Annual Cost €940
- Elementary students (EYU and Foundation) – Annual Cost €700
PADIS membership 2018-2019
All parents are invited to contribute €50 a year per family. Payment is made directly to PADIS.
FOR NEW STUDENTS
There is a non-refundable application fee of €220 for students wishing to be considered for a place at DISV. In addition when a student joins DISV, we charge a non-refundable enrolment fee of €4100 and Capital Fee € 950 as a contribution to the school´s past and future capital development. This includes students returning to DISV after a period registered in another school (see the General Terms and Conditions document).
We also charge a security deposit of €365 upon first entry to the school. This deposit will be refunded after the student finally leaves DISV.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Fees must be paid in Euros.
All payments should be made to Danube International School GmbH and should refer to the invoice number.
Please note that parents are responsible for any bank charges.
Cash payments can be made at the Finance Office, open Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 13:00.
Bank transfers can be made to the following account:
Bank Name: Vorarlberger Hypo Bank
Account Holder: Danube International School GmbH
IBAN: AT41 5800 0201 7319 3115
It is important that all payments are made by the due date.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PAYMENT
Parents whose children's school fees are paid by agencies or companies are reminded that the contractual agreement regarding fees is with parents in the first instance and that parents are therefore responsible for ensuring that fees are paid by the due dates.
NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL
Please refer to the contract for specific details.
The General Terms and Conditions of Danube International School are laid down in the contract that each parent is required to sign.
Specific note should be made of Section 4: Payment Obligations in the event of Premature Termination of Contract; and Section 2: Term of Contract.
The school reserves the right to alter fees should there be a significant change in circumstances. Fees are not refundable in the event of temporary withdrawal by parents, or of suspension or expulsion of the student by the school.
DIFFICULTIES WITH PAYMENT
The school understands that families occasionally have difficulties with fee payments and will try to assist in such circumstances.
If you anticipate any problems with payments of fees, please arrange to meet with the Business Manager as early as possible so that alternative payment plans could be discussed.